Vacuum cleaners are amongst those prized innovations that have made the life of people largely comfortable, convenient and easy going. Cleaning the house is one of the most time-consuming tasks, but with the help of a vacuum cleaner the task will be monotonous and boring. It is really important that whatever money you invest in goes into the right buy. Thus, it is important that you make sure that you buy the right kind of vacuum cleaner for yourself that meets all your requirements and needs. Here are 6 crucial things that you must always consider before you think of buying a vacuum cleaner:
- The Purpose of the Vacuum Cleaner– The purpose of the vacuum cleaner depends on the place where you wish to put it to use. For example, if you wish to use it at work place, you should opt for a commercial vacuum cleaner and for home you should opt for a domestic vacuum cleaner. These vacuum cleaners differ in terms of power, capacity and structure, which make them ideal for that place where they are supposed to be used.
- The Type of Vacuum Cleaner– Vacuum cleaners might seem all the same to you; however, there are different types available in the market. There are three main types of vacuum cleaners. First is the stick vacuum cleaner, which is used in a small apartment with smooth flooring. It is light- weight, easy to handle and manoeuvre. It can also be used to clean some of the tight spots of the house. The second type is the upright vacuum cleaner, which is used for those homes and offices that have large surface areas to clean. They can be easily steered. The third type is the canister vacuum cleaner, which is used to clean areas like staircase as these are extremely flexible.
- The Right Filter– When it comes to vacuum cleaners, choosing the right filter is extremely important. If you do not have any type of dust allergy, you can opt for a water-based filter or filter that works on the principle of electronic precipitation. However, if you are allergic to dust, you should not compromise on the type of filter at all and go for the HEPA filter. HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air. The filter can capture even the slightest of the microbes and the smallest of the dust particles and is therefore the most efficient of all the filters.
- Bag or Bag less Technology– Depending upon how frequently you use and what is more convenient for you, you can opt for a vacuum cleaner that works on the bag technology or a bag less technology. In the bag technology, all the dust particles are contained in a bag and you will have to clean the bag from time to time. In bag less technology, you will have to frequently clean the filters.
- Dry or Wet Vacuum– For cleaning wet spills, you should a buy a vacuum cleaner that can clean both wet as well as dry spills with ease.
- Power Consumption– You need to keep in mind that you should opt for a vacuum cleaner that consumes minimum power and gives the maximum output.
Take the above considerations into account and ensure that you invest in a vacuum cleaner that best suits your needs. With the right buy, you can continue using the vacuum cleaner for several years down the lane without any issues.