Often, we neglect our eye sight as long as we are able to see properly. Quite often, people don’t realize that they have trouble with their vision. They feel that it is the right way to look things because they have never come across right vision. It is necessary that we get a thorough checkup when we are growing with age. When you get your eye sight checked it helps you in keeping a track of your vision.
Scheduling an appointment with an Optometrist every year gives you a sense of relief and a chance to diagnose any problem at a premature stage. They are trained practitioners who can diagnose problem if any and can give you remedy for it. However, if the problem is quite complicated, then they refer to an Ophthalmologist.
Here are some signs that indicate you need an eye doctor at once –
- While driving in darkness, you should be able to see telephone poles, road signs and other objects on the road. If there is any trouble in viewing it, you should talk to an eye doctor.
- It is good to go for regular checkups if you are diagnosed with diabetes, thyroid or lupus because these diseases often affect other parts of body without our notice.
- Sometimes, insomnia or irregularity in sleep and unhealthy food habits also affect your eye sight because you need proper vitamins in your daily food to maintain your eyes in good shape.
- If you’ve any kind of infection that leads to itchiness, redness, discharge or swelling in eyes, then you should contact your doctor immediately because some infections can make permanent damage to eyes.
- Often when you have poor eye sight and you’re unaware of it, you put extra stress on your eye to read something, this often puts strain on your retina which leads to headaches. Migraine is also another way of stating a poor eye health.
- If you notice a black spot or blurred vision as a disruption in your sight, it can be a clear indication of problems in eyes. This needs immediate attention as this can be a sign of retina damage.
- If you are sensitive to light, which means you blink a lot when your eyes are exposed to light then there can be corneal abrasion or disorder in central nervous system that needs attention.
- If you face problem in focusing on an object because your image becomes blurred in every second then your sight is deteriorating.
Even if you don’t face these problems, you should still contact your eye doctor. There can be minor problems which you are unaware of and needs care before it creates major trouble.