The dentistry industry is advancing on a day to day basis. Every day, the specialists are coming up with new means of fixing any kind of dental problems. Similarly, traditionally, braces were used to fix the missing teeth as well as various other dental conditions. However, these days, people can dental implants which are longer lasting and easier to maintain. Whenever you get dental implants, you will have to go through a series of procedures in which the dentist will make a surgical incision in your jaw and then insert a metal cast. In this metal cast, new teeth are screwed on.
Once you are done with the procedures, your dentist will brief you about the post-care tips and tricks. If you are able to maintain the implants perfectly, you are more likely to see better in the future. In this article, we will be discussing about all the post-care tips and tricks which will help you in maintaining your dental implants.
Learn about all the cleaning tips and tricks for your dental implants
Whenever you get implants, being gentle is the key. Since the wound from the incision will require time to heal, you need to make sure that you clean your teeth properly to avoid any serious injuries. Here are some tips to follow –
- Floss – in order to be gentle, you need to make sure that you use unwaxed flossing thread for deep cleaning your teeth. Such threads are made specially for cleaning the dental implants.
- Brushing – in the initial days, brushing gently is the most essential. Make sure that you avoid the incision because rubbing it constantly with your brush can cause infections. Nylon coated brushes are considered as the best for dental implants.
- Rinsing – rinsing the mouth with water is always advisable as it would get rid of any of the food which is stuck in your teeth without any harshness.
What all you need to avoid after getting your implants?
There are certain food items you must avoid when you get your implants. Some of them have been mentioned below –
- The taffy candies or the sticky candies will get stuck in your implants and can even cause pain and discomfort.
- Hard candy – when the incision is fresh, you must avoid having hard candy because it can also affect the position of your implant.
- Jerky and tough meats
if you are planning to get implants, then you can contact any implant Dr St-Onge to seek the best assistance and results.